Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Garden

The summer has come to an end and fall has arrived, although you wouldn't guess it from the 90 degrees temps the last week.  I happened to see this picture from my garden on my shutterfly account and it made me both happy and sad.  I loved spending time weeding my garden and seeing all the flowers and plants that I had planted, full of life and color.  Now, it is time for a new chapter in my life as I get ready to move from this place that I've lived for 15 years.  

I've enjoyed my time sitting in this garden, grooming my little area of the world and having an occasional visitor sit with me among the flowers and plants.  The first time he came to visit he scared me to death....he leaped out at me from his hidden position where he had seemingly been stalking me, as I waved the collected weeds in my hand, unknowingly.  He would periodically show up to lay among the flowers or roll on the patio and would accommodate my need to pet him by laying still for a little bit.  I named him "my cat" although he technically belonged to the elusive neighbors who let him wander the neighborhood at his leisure.  "My cat" is a good hunter, apparently, because he looks like he always has quite a full belly and seems very content with himself. 

We recently had a stray black cat show up and looked like he was starving and I had a little chat with him and told him he needed to learn to catch mice like "my cat".  We tried to feed the poor thing but he didn't seem interested and later wandered away, not to be seen since.

Well enough of my ramblings...enjoy the few pics of my favorite spot in my yard...
I may add some more if and when I find them...  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment