Wednesday, June 4, 2014

New Quilt

New Quilt in Progress

I have been wanting to make a quilt to 
take to baseball games, for years...
even started a couple.

One was too pretty to put on the ground 
at games.....so
I gave it to my sister instead
This one started out as miscellaneous
squares in the middle...then I just kept building it out
towards the edge... It also has sections
of fabric from Block Party Studios with 
scripture verses on them.
It was one of my first
"quilt as you go" quilts.

The next one...was sort of a disaster right at the very start.

I bought already cut batik squares at  Walmart.
I thought I would just piece them together and
it would be easy peasy...right?  Nope
Looked horrible no matter what I did....still haven't decided how to 
fix it...



So now I'm on to the next idea...
I have a bunch of squares....all different sizes 
that I've made over the years.  They 
are also all different designs.  Some are paper pieced,
some are disappearing nine patch, plain squares,
and samples of machine embroidery...quite a 
mishmash 

I've decided to put them all together in the same quilt,
even though they are nothing alike.  What else am I 
going to do with them?  right?  


So I'm building this quilt in horizontal strips...
and then I will probably quilt as you go.
I don't know what I will do when I run out of squares....
I guess just start making borders.

check out the progress so far

I think it's going to be interesting....
to say the least....

I'll keep you posted on the progress...


No comments:

Post a Comment