Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Homemade Mixer Cover




Well my husband has always wanted one of those Kitchen-aid mixers and he decided to buy one for us because of the deal Amazon had last month. So it has to sit on the counter because it is so heavy, you can't be moving it around all the time. I was afraid that the whole thing was going to be filled with dust before we were ready to use it again.....so that is the reason for the cover. And I was so excited to get these pictures on here, I didn't iron it yet...oops! :-)

So I started the hunt for fabric. For some reason I have a hard time choosing fabric and always second guess my choices. But this time I made a stop at Goodwill and found two brand new place mats and two cloth napkins that matched, that were originally sold at Target. They matched my kitchen color well, So I bought them. The placemats were 50 cents a piece and the two napkins were in a pack together for $2.

The place mat was the perfect size for the mixer. I didn't have to cut it at all. Then I just pieced sections of the napkins down the middle. I started with putting a section between the two placemats, that would be the top. Then pieced the front and back strips in there.


I believe it was a 6" wide strip going down the middle.






I'm not much for sewing clothing or fitted things, but this turned out o.k. and I had to keep telling myself..."it's ONLY a mixer cover!" :-)

I'm sure those of you who are better seamstresses than I am, can do a wonderful job at this....give it a whirl.. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment